THIS IS A TEST ( replace by your won text)

Add here your own welcome text.

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Old Ferry & Trunkey Creek Shack, Australia

Old Ferry & Trunkey Creek Shack, Australia
Watercolour, Size 38 x 28 cms
The impetus for this painting was the wonderful photo by Carol McLaren Theolog of the old do-it-yourself ferry across the creek, and then I decided to combine it with my photos of the old Australiana shacks …which as usual, I had to doctor and improvise to come up with a reasonable composition…so at least I hoped.
Unfortunately, the Arches watercolour paper gave me hell again…it was one of those frustrating pieces of ”blotting” paper (alas sizing gone bad)..but I persevered.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this painting, it really tells a story. The more I look the more I see.

    ReplyDelete